Thursday 14 October 2010

The Colour Pink on the Forest Floor

Throughout this week I have debating in which way to take my colour scheme. I've been drawing from nature looking at plants, seeds, bits of old wood and I've found a good source of on flowing resources to use from looking at the undergrowth and woodland floor, whats been cast off by trees and etc. Peeling back the layers to reveal not just leaves, but insects, mushrooms, moss plenty of things that I can make visual drawings from.
However I found it all to be a bit to brown and I wanted my textiles to stay away from been to dull and muddy, so I've chosen to look at a completely different direction for sourcing my colour pallet, I want a light and almost vintage tonal look to my colours, I found that "shabby chic" crockery and bright spring time blossom as a perfect colour reference and it will be interesting to see how I can combine woodland decay with such fresh gentle tones.




From these images I will do several colour stripes, then work that colour into my drawing work and see how it turns out, it may go horrible wrong, but this unit is all about been exspiremental and making my own stamp on my work.

Think of those colours from the images above been used in images of frogs and mushrooms, its almost sycidelic!


 Leaf Study... Charcoal Pencil.....

 
 Conker Study..... Water colours and Ink.....


 Wood Study.... Water colours and Ink.....





This is a colour pallet that I was working with before looking at nature to get my inspirations, I love the colour, however I felt that I need it to be lightened up more as I want to keep my actul textiles nutral and work into them.


Colour Stripes from Branch of Birds....

No comments:

Post a Comment